Do you have a desire to assist families and child care facilities in Solano County with their
child care needs by providing resources, technical assistance, and information on child care
related topics? If you think you would enjoy assisting with the development and
presentation of workshops and training series for the community, this might be the
opportunity you have been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE:
Solano Family & Children’s Services creates connections for families and child care
providers to support the healthy development of children for a thriving community.
We hire individuals who have a strong work ethic and are looking for a career that
supports our mission and impact in Solano County.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Resource & Referral Specialist I will consult with families to determine child care needs
and provide education regarding quality child care, community resources and child care
referrals. This person will also support the Resource & Referral Program staff in the
development and presentation of workshops and training series for the community, as well
as maintain and develop the SFCS community Lending Library services.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate should be proficient with strong written and verbal communication
skills, excellent customer services skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office products.
• At least 12 Core Units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development required
• Minimum one year of experience in child care, preschool, or related field
• One year office experience preferred
• Experience in using a computer database program, internet experience, or
equivalent combination of related education and experience
• Strong communication (written/verbal) & organizational skills
• Multi-task oriented
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Ability to attend off-site and evening/weekend trainings, meetings, workshops, etc.
• Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Drug screen and background check required after offer of position. Full job
description is available on our website at www.solanofamily.org or request via
email at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.