Are you an independent individual who can carry out day-to-day general office
maintenance? Would you enjoy assisting the Facilities Coordinator in maintaining
the facility, office equipment, ordering supplies and equipment, as well as assisting
staff with safety needs? This may be the position you have been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE:
Solano Family & Children’s Services creates connections for families and child care
providers to support the healthy development of children for a thriving community.
We hire individuals who have a strong work ethic and are looking for a career that
supports our mission and impact in Solano County.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Facilities Assistant will assist the Facilities Coordinator with the maintenance of the
facility and trouble shoot general office equipment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate should be proficient in a variety of disciplines including mechanical
knowledge, office equipment uses and troubleshooting, safety knowledge, and the ability
to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
• Ability to multitask and to complete assigned projects timely & efficiently.
• Assist with assembling and moving office furniture.
• Assist with ordering, tracking and inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and
• Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Familiarity with and ability to use computers.
• Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Ability to prioritize assigned tasks, manage time, meet deadlines, work well under
pressure, and work well with other agencies and community partners.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, bend, and kneel while performing job
• Must be proactive, self-motivated, and have the ability to follow directions.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Drug screen and background check required after offer of position. Full job
description is available on our website at www.solanofamily.org or request via
email at JYarrow@solanofamily.org. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.