Do you have a desire to assistance families with young children by connecting them to Solano County programs and services? Do you have an outgoing, energetic, and positive personality? This may be the position you’ve been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE:
Solano Family & Children’s Services (SFCS) promotes and advocates for the well-being of children, their families and child care providers, by offering access to a variety of child care resources. We hire individuals who have a strong work ethic and are looking for a career that supports our mission and impact in Solano County.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The SFCS Family Navigator representative will have daily phone and in-person interaction with SFCS Family Services Specialists and Subsidized Child Care parents, while assisting clients with child care referrals, connections to community services, data entry, documenting, and making follow up calls. This person will serve as a liaison between the Child Care Subsidy Program and R&R/Help Me Grow. The Navigator will assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to subsidy child care referrals, and the HMG program.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate should be proficient with a variety of responsibilities including Microsoft products, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, as well as customer service and listening skills.
• At least 12 Core Units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a BA or AA degree in Child Dev/ECE PREFERRED.
• Minimum one year experience working with families, in the Subsidized Child Care Program, in a social service agency, call center, or similar community resource service PREFERRED
• Ability to ask inquiring questions, identify and understand concerns, and determine appropriate referrals.
• Must possess a professional and friendly attitude to quickly develop a rapport with clients.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Drug screen and background check required after offer of position. Full job description is available on our website or request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday – Friday (Occ Weekends)
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Occ Evenings)
Internal & External
Resource & Referral
• Medical • Dental • Vision • 403(b) • Aflac
• Life/ADD • LTD
421 Executive Court North
Fairfield, CA 94534-4019