Do you have a desire to work with an organization whose goal and passion is to serve the community they represent? Would you enjoy conducting home visits to provide one-on-one orientation meetings, enrollments, and site visits? Are you interested in becoming a system expert with program software in order to assist providers and provide ongoing technical assistance and recruitment? This may be the position you’ve been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE:
Solano Family & Children’s Services creates connections for families and child care providers to support the healthy development of children for a thriving community. We hire individuals who have a strong work ethic and are looking for a career that supports our mission and impact in Solano County.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Administrative Assistant will provide advanced administrative support to the Operations Manager.by conducting day-to-day organizational tasks and facilitate efficient communication for the Administrative Management team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate is comfortable speaking in front of people with strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Associates degree in nutrition or similar field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Experience working with child nutrition programs preferred
• Must be comfortable speaking in front of people in order to moderate discussions towards the CACFP
• Must be familiar with and have the ability to use computers
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to attract and maintain attention, break the ice, and shift the focus of participants
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel around the county as needed
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Drug screen and background check required after offer of position. Full job description is available on our website at www.solanofamily.org or request via email at JYarrow@solanofamily.org. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.