Do you have a desire to assist families and child care facilities in Solano County with their child care needs by providing resources, technical assistance, and information on child care related topics? If you think you would enjoy assisting with the development and presentation of workshops and training series for the community, this might be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE:
Solano Family & Children’s Services creates connections for families and child care providers to support the healthy development of children for a thriving community. We hire individuals who have a strong work ethic and are looking for a career that supports our mission and impact in Solano County.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Resource & Referral Specialist I will consult with families to determine child care needs, process child care referral requests, and provide education regarding quality child care, community resources and child care referrals. This person will also provide consultation to the public about quality child care, community resources and child care referrals, as well as maintain and develop the SFCS community Lending Library services.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent customer services skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• At least 12 Core Units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development preferred
• One year office experience or equivalent training program required
• AA degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education preferred
• Multi-task orientated
• Minimum one year center or home-based family child care experience or experience working in a resource & referral program or similar community resource service preferred
• Ability to attend off-site trainings, meetings, workshops, etc.
• Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
• CA Driver License and dependable auto with insurance coverage that is required by law
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Drug screen and background check required after offer of position. Full job description is available on our website at www.solanofamily.org or request via email at JYarrow@solanofamily.org. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.